What are cookies?
These files serve a number of useful purposes for you, including:
- granting you access to restricted content;
- tailoring our website’s functionality to you personally by letting us remember your preferences, location or device type;
- improving how our website performs;
- understanding who our audience is, so that we can provide content most relevant to you;
- allowing third parties to provide services to our website; and
- helping us deliver interest-based advertising where appropriate in compliance with the applicable laws.
The types of cookies we use
We use different types of cookies on our website. Some of these cookies are placed by us, while others are placed by our third-party plug-ins, suppliers or advertisers. These cookies may be deleted from your device at different times, such as at the end of your browsing session (when you leave the website) or after a pre-set amount time, or they may persist on your device until you delete them.
We use the following types of cookies on our website:
- Essential cookies – these are cookies that allow our website to perform its essential functions. Without these cookies, some parts of our websites would stop working.
- Site analytics cookies – these are cookies that monitor how our website is performing, and how you interact with it. We use them to know how best to improve our website or services.
- Functional cookies – these are cookies that remember who you are as a user of our website. We use them to remember any preferences you may have selected on our website, like saving your username and password, or settings.
- Advertising cookies – these are cookies that matches your interests or web searches with applicable advertising campaigns on our website. We use them to provide you with advertising that we think you might find useful.
- Social media cookies – these are cookies that integrate with social media platforms. We use them to help you share content from our website to your chosen social media platform.
- Flash cookies – these are cookies that help your device read content supported by Adobe Flash. We use them to make sure that any Flash advertisements or videos appear properly on your device.
Your internet browser generally accepts cookies automatically, but you can often change this setting to stop accepting them. You can also delete cookies manually. You can read how to do this at https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-delete-cookies/.
Deleting or no longer accepting cookies may prevent you from accessing certain aspects of our website where cookies are necessary, or cause the website to forget your preferences. Deleting cookies may not prevent you from seeing advertisements on our website, but such advertising may be less relevant to you.
How to contact us
Please find our details below if you would like to contact us or have any queries on the above:
Brilliant Cloud (Pty) Ltd
Unit 6 Boskruin View Office Park
Cnr Ysterhoud Drive and Kelly Road
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator.
Brilliant Cloud legal disclaimer
- The information contained on this website is for general guidance purposes only. It should not be taken for, nor is it intended as, legal advice.
- We would like to stress that there is no substitute for customers making their own detailed investigations or seeking their own professional advice if they are unsure about the implications of the POPIA on their businesses.
- Brilliant Cloud will not accept any liability for errors or omissions and will not be liable for any damage (including, without limitation, damage for loss of business or loss of profits) arising in contract, tort or otherwise, from the use of or reliance on this information or from any action or decisions taken as a result of using this information.